Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

linking Activities in subsequent WBS

4 replies [Last post]
Imad Yasir
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using P6. i have two WBS created with one Submittal of Material list and the next submission of PO with same activities. Now i want to link each activity in Submission of PO wbs to Each subsequent activity in Submittal of material list.  I have many activites so linking each is very time comsuming. Is there any way to do this like "link all activites" etc... (Again remember activities are in different WBS)

Replies

Ezra Nyakundi
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

join us our 7 part video training on how to use primavera p6. for free

http://www.p6course.com/

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 7 hours ago. Offline

I would run a filter on links screen [links tab in P6] to narrow the links options using a UDF as illustrated on following figure [just use equivalent P6 functions]. In this way whenever I select an activity on Phase/WBS 1 only activities on Phase/WBS 2 will be displayed on the activities selection. 

Photobucket

mohammad waseem a...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Imad

If your activity IDs are in some sequance or classify by CSI or in a proper WBS u just export a excel format relationship template and arrange prdecessor and sucessor Act ID and activity name and just import all the links imported accordingly .Evend u define the relationship type and lag according to your requirement.

links.png

my email.       manwer@pbad.sbg.com.sa

Best regards

wasi

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Imad

I assume that there is a common text in the title for each WBS.

If so you can run a filter on the words and then create a link.

Best regards

Mike T.