Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration increased from BL to BL-1 for the activities which is not started till now in the schedule

1 reply [Last post]
pankaj kashyap
User offline. Last seen 10 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Sir,

I am working on P6. my question is...

i have created plan of project. ( BL Project start dt 15-APR-12 & BL Project finish is 20-oct-12), having duration initially 413 days

After updation, Laterly on 11-feb-12, we hv assigned BL-1 . and we have expected project end date was coming 26-dec-12, and total project duration increases from 413 to 520 days. (obviously duration is increased coz project is delayed).

My basic point is....

after reviewing entire schedule, i found that there are many WBS activities which had BL duration intially say...15, 20 & 25 , now BL-1 duration increased say...from 14 d to 20 d , 20 d to 35 d & 25 d to 130 d EVEN THOUGH THAT PERTICULAR WBS/ ACTIVITY STILL NOT actually STARTED.

How it is possible???

awaiting the reasonable answer...

Pankaj Kumar Kashyap

pankaj.kumar.kashyap@adityabirla.com

Replies

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Pankaj,

First off, the duration of 413 days does not add up base on the dates you have given (15-Apr-12 to 20-Oct-12).

As for your concern , check each activity, go to your activity details, under the "general tab" look at "Duration Type" The duration type must be "Fixed Duration & Units/Time".

Regards,

Daniel