Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Multiple Calendar

2 replies [Last post]
Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

Extra hands please!

I have used 2 calendars, 10hrs(7am-6pm, 1hr break) and 8hrs(8am-5pm,1hr break) in my schedule. 10hrs calendar is assigned to construction activities while 8hrs calendar is for consultant/client related activities. When I linked the construction activity to consultant activity, it is starting at 5pm,same day as predecessor finish-FS relationship. This in fact & I believe should be starting at 7am,next day because it is using 10hrs calendar and also I have changed in the SCHEDULE, OPTIONS to use Successor Activity Calendar..Please advise  on how to correct it.

Thanks

Ariel

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Ariel,

The predecessor activity finishes at 5pm.

The successor is programmed to start as soon as possible afterwards

You have assigned it a calendar which says it can work from 5pm to 6pm, so that is what it is programming.

One method to fix this is to ammend your 10hr calendar so that the 1hr break occurs 5pm - 6pm.

This is only appropriate if you are not interested in the time of day an activity occurs.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Ariel

In PowerProject there is a "Start on Next Day" option.

Look for something similar in P6.

If not you may have to put a 2hr lag on the link.

Best regards

Mike Testro