Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 - Multiple calendar used for manpower histogram

8 replies [Last post]
vex zex
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Kindly advise how to mesure the average manpower used by histogram grapichal for the multiple calendar used for all threads in same project.
Example : one projects and threads used day shift calendar and night shift calendar ? how to run the histogram for average

Replies

vex zex
RODEL,

THANKS....i understand now....
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Vex,
Y axis is define to max limit round up divisible by 5 major lines. If your max limit round up is not fit with divisible 5 then you will experience that kind of figure.
Ex: if total unit is 5000 / 5 = 1000 each major lines round up = 1000 = 100% but if total unit is 4500 /5 = 900 each major line round up = 1000 = 88.9% next 111%
vex zex
thanks for the idea.i agreed with u.How about s-curve scales for the y-axis.Is ist can be done 100% or just mention 96.3% and the next 105%..how we defined this scales
Rodel Marasigan
Vex,
If you are using Task Dependent Activity type then activity calendar is used and only single calendar can assigned to activity but if you use Resources Dependent activity type then activity calendar is ignored and use resource calendar. This will allow you multiple calendars define on each resource like on my sample post #4.

On your problem you need to use Resource Dependent activity and create two calendars, one for day shift and one for night shift.
Ex: 08:00AM-05:00PM dayshift
05:00PM-12:00AM nightshift
For activity calendar you can assign 08:00AM – 12:00AM or 24 hrs calendar.

For your resource you need to create resources for dayshift and nightshift
Ex: Welder_DS, cal = 08:00AM-05:00PM – dayshift
Welder_NS, cal = 05:00PM-12:00AM – nightshift
Rigger_DS, cal = 08:00AM-05:00PM – dayshift
Rigger_NS, cal = 05:00PM-12:00AM – nightshift
And soon…

You have to define max unit/time per Resources per Shift then assign both on one activity. When creating a histogram use a shift calendar and shift Time interval as per my example.

Hope this will help.
vex zex
thanks..

i have 4 trades ; rigger,welder,scaffolder,painter

all trades work day or night shift
how to combine all the trades if each activities must one calendar only and cannot be 2 calendars
as i know histogram run based on one calendar only and how p6 calculate the average manpowr histogram although we set the trades by multiple calendar..since the histogram run one calendar
Rodel Marasigan
vex,
P6 graphics is more advance compare to P3. If using Shift calendar you have to use shift timescale also in order to show the histogram. Max unit/time (Limit) should be define.
See sample below:
Shift Histogram
vex zex
thanks for the advance...p6v7 still not used.
Just used p6v0 that not compatible for the histogram and s-curve graphically..like p3 graphic
As i know and do is one calendar for one projects..
Rodel Marasigan
Vex,
On new version of P6v7 Hours Per time period are now change to based on calendar assigned. If you select Calculate average per time period on Resource Profile Option, that should follow calendar settings.