Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Solution for the following Event code AVAA0-1490-1in Primavera 6 Vs 7

2 replies [Last post]
Mohammed Wasiuddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear superiors',

Can any one help me on the following event code error please !

event_code.jpg

This was happend when i was trying to import a file.

Thanking you and Regards

Wasiuddin.

Replies

Mohammed Wasiuddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Thank you very much sir.

But i am trying to import .xer file. Then how i can ????

presentation3.jpg
Regards

Wasiuddin.

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mohammad,

If you are trying to import an excel file or MSP file the solution is as follows :

Importing / Exporting MPP or MPX File

AVAA errors received when importing or exporting a file to or from Microsoft Project are commonly caused by lack of permissions to the Project Management install directory, the default path is \Program Files\Oracle\Primavera P6\Project Management. 

When importing or exporting P6 writes a log to this directory if the user does not have Read / Write access to this directory, an error will be thrown.

Solution

Grant Read / Write access to the directory, by default: \Program Files\Oracle\Primavera P6\Project Management, for the user.

Importing from Excel

AVAA errors when importing from Microsoft Excel, are specifically related to data within the Excel file.  The file may contain activity ID's that do not exist in the project.  

Solution

Check the Excel file and verify that any Activity ID's in the Excel file exist in the PM project the file is being imported into.

The above solutions are from Primavera.

Hope it helps

Regards

Amit Parmar

http://www.primaverablog.in