Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource histograms and Manpower loading schedule

2 replies [Last post]
Dinesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 4 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All
I’m using Primavera Project Management Release 4.1. If I define resources under resource Breakdown Structure – for Example Top-level Company name, under that two separate departments Civil & Mechanical. Then resources like surveyor, mason & civil foreman under Civil dept. Welder, fitter, Mechanical foreman under Mechanical dept. After resource loading & scheduling a program, can I get resource histograms and manpower loading schedule on a monthly basis for civil dept and mechanical dept (as a whole) separately? How can I print it out? Please explain.
Dinesh

Replies

Raymond Au-Yeung
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Dinesh,

I do not have the experience of using Release 4.1 but 6.2. In Release 6.2 after pressing "Resource Usage Profile" button you could highlight surveyor, mason and civil foreman altogether by SHIFT key, each of the histograms will be stacked up and showed you one graph as a whole representing Civil Department. Doing the same way for welder, fitter and mechanical foreman yield the graph of Mechancal Department.

Cheers and Enjoy Using Primavera,

Raymond Au-Yeung

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
U can try using "Resource Usage Profile" and normal print procedure.

Regards.