Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost field in activity steps

1 reply [Last post]
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 1 year 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I created a UDF for my activity steps with the format "Cost"

If I put a value into this field, assign this these steps to an activity, these values are not added to my Cost/Expenses -

Does anybody know the reason for this?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hannes,
As I mention on your other query UDF = Users define Field. It’s like you created another column on a spreadsheet and not link to any internal formula therefore it has no connection to your cost or expenses field that is why it will add value to your intended purpose. UDF is only additional reference or information that you can use. It can be transfer to the intended use using global change to correct field.