Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Why Resources Cost become Zero while updating % complet

2 replies [Last post]
Shanmugam Thangam...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
In P6 I have a problem while updating progress percentage (Duration) complete the resources cost become zero and the budgted and earned values varies.
How can I solve this?

Replies

Shanmugam Thangam...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks Dieter.
The problem is solved.
In activity table in resources tab I remove the check to De-link the column "Cost unit Linked". Now it is ok.

Ajith
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Ajith

Have a look in the view projects --> Calculations --> "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost".

The following is out of the "Help"-function:
"Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes: Mark to estimate actual units and costs as

Actual (units or costs) = Budgeted (units or costs) * Duration % Complete

If an activity does not have any resource assignments, Actual units or costs are calculated using the activity’s budgeted units or costs.

The Project Management application performs these calculations whenever you update the Duration % complete.

Values you specify override the module’s calculated values. If you do not mark the checkbox, the module does not estimate actuals and the actual fields remain blank unless you specify values." (end of quotation)

I assume this parameter is the reason.

Regards
Dieter