Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding Sub Projects to a Project in P6

3 replies [Last post]
Nithin Shetty
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

Can anyone kindly guide me how to add Project - Sub Project environment in P6.

To be specific, I am preparing a Baseline Program for a 5 towers project. As the number of activities for each tower is more than 20000, I am planning to have a Sub Program for each tower, then combine to a main Program.

Please guide me step by step procedure to have Project - Sub Projects in P6.

Thanks in advance.

Nitin

Replies

Ahmet KILIC
User offline. Last seen 13 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
There is a way to link activities even if they belong to different projects.

On `Assign Predecessors/Successors` windows you should click on "Display: All Activites" and choose ’Select Project’ command. The EPS system will show up, and then you may choose the project containing the activities that you will create a link to.

Regards,
Ahmet
Nithin Shetty
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Arnold.

But can I link activities in the different projects in the EPS. How? Please explain.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Nithin,

You can create sub-project by using WBS or by EPS.

Regards,

Arnold