Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Difficulties with OD, D% Complete & Planned Dates

1 reply [Last post]
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Fox,

Why on earth P6.1 calculates duration percent complete besed on original duration not at completion duration? I am using duration percent complete and whenever my at completion duration and OD have big diffrence the % is screwed and I have to mannually adjust OD for all in progress activites everytime I update the schedule.

1) Is there any way to change the calculation procedures? Any settings in application?

2) OD is based on Planned Dates (Which I hate!!!); sometimes eventhought my OD is equal to at completion duration, because the planned dates are not matching with start and finish date, duration percent complete in the summary bar is not accurate! How can I get rid of these planned dates or make them always equal to start and finish dates? 9Also sometimes my resources stick to my planned dates vs actual start or finish dates)

Appreciated your future solutions if any?!!
Sean

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sean,

1. Try to use physical % complete and not duration % complete. Even though your At completion duration is change the physical % complete will never change.

2. In order to make Start & Finish dates and Planned dates equal go to Admin Preferences --> Earned Value Tab, under earned Value Calculation, choose the "Budgeted values with planned dates".

Regards,

Arnold