Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

.XER created in PERTMASTER into P6 get the following Ps

4 replies [Last post]
Jose Ramirez
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I was trying to import an .XER that i created in Permaster 8.5 into P6 but this is the error i get when i try to import:

event code: PRMDB-1960-8

PRM DBAccess Error: Database Server Error: The statement has been terminated.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column ’rsrc_name’, table ’pmdb$primavera.dbo.RSRC’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

’pmdb$primavera.dbo.RSRC’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Change the logic to If Exits not to insert the rows

The Table NAmeis DBO.RSRC
The Column is the RSRC_Name (VARCHAR (100), not null)

Should I change the (not null) to Null?

Any Advise on this....

The Same thing with the next issue...

EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure

PRMDB-3238-D

table ’pmdb$primavera.dbo.PROJECT’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

PRM DBAccess Error: Database Server Error: The statement has been terminated.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column ’proj_short_name’, table ’pmdb$primavera.dbo.PROJECT’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Replies

CHANDRA SEKAR THA...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Could you please forward me a copy of xerFileParser&Builder.xls, because I am facing the same problem.

chandrats@gmail.com

Jose Ramirez
Problem: Can Project Management 6.1 or 6.0 export to Project Management 5.0, or 6.0 XER format?

Problem: Can you export a 6.0 XER and then import it into 5.0?

Problem: Can you export a P6 6.1 XER and then import it into P6?

Problem: Can Project Management 6.1 export to Project Management 6.0 or 5.0 XER format?

Problem: Unable to import a 6.0 XER into 5.0.

Getting the error: "A version 6.0.0 XER file cannot be imported," when Importing a P6 file into P5.

Problem: Getting the error: "A version 6.1.0 XER file cannot be imported," when Importing a P6 6.1 file into P6.

Problem: P6.0 will not import P6.1 xer file.

Cause: Project Management 6.0, 6.1 can only export to Contractor 5.0 XER format to be Imported into a previous version. When you Export to the XER option, that XER will only be able to be Imported into the same version Database.

Fix: Here is a summary of what version you can Import into based on what version the XER was Exported to:

1. If Exported from 5.0 (Primavera PM/MM - (XER)) option, that XER can be Imported into a 5.0 database and any later version (i.e 6.0, 6.1, etc.).

2. If Exported from 6.0 (Primavera PM/MM - (XER)) option, that XER can be Imported into a 6.0 database and any later version such as 6.1.

3. If Exported from 6.1 (Primavera PM/MM - (XER)) option, you can only Import into a 6.1 database or later version. To Import into a 6.0 or 5.0 database you have to use the Primavera Contractor 5.0 - (XER) option.

4. If Exported from 6.0 (Primavera PM/MM - (XER)) option, you can only Import into a 6.0 database or later version. To Import into a 5.0 database you have to use the Primavera Contractor 5.0 - (XER) option.

For versions 6.1 and earlier - Workaround:
Export to Primavera Contractor 5.0 XER format.

NOTE - ALL P6 GLOBAL/ENTERPRISE PROJECT INFORMATION WILL EXPORT TO THE PRIMAVERA CONTRACTOR 5.0 (XER) FORMAT

* Data that will not display in Contractor but WILL be exported to the XER file and WILL import to P5 are:
o Project Codes, Project User Defined Fields, Roles, Issues, Thresholds, Risks, Work Products and Documents, Planning resources, and Financial Periods/Past Period Actuals.
* EPS level activity codes are NOT exported to the XER and imported to P5 because of Contractor conversion issues and Future Planning Buckets are NOT imported to P5 because future buckets is a feature that does not exist in P5.
o Contractor does not need to be installed. After the XER file is created, import it directly into 5.0.

Fix: Contractor format does not allow for multiple XER’s to be exported into one file.
NOTE: This option is to only be used to export multiple Projects to XER, and if EPS level Activity Codes are needed. If exporting one Project with no EPS level Activity Codes, please use the Primavera Contractor option!

To export multiple projects to a P5 (5.0) Format, do the following:

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX THIS ISSUE: (IT’S VERY SIMPLE, ONCE I LEARNED HOW)

* Open all the projects that are going to be exported.
* Choose the Primavera PM/MM (XER) Format.
* Finish the export.
* Right-Click on the file and select "Open With" and choose "Notepad".

* Change the " 6.0.0" to "5.0.0" for P5
* Change the " 6.1.0" to "6.0.0" for P6

SEE AN THE EXAMPLE BELOW OF AN ACTUAL .xer OPEN WITH NOTEPAD

ERMHDR 6.0.0 2009-05-13 Project Pertmaster Pertmaster dbxDatabaseNoName Project Management USD
%T PROJECT

I HOPE YOU SEE THE 6.0.0 RIGHT AFTER ERMHDR...THAT IS WHAT YOU CHANGE....

OKAY

PEACE OUT

xO
Jose Ramirez
Here Is the Answer to My Problems:

Solution ID: prim16871
Receiving Event Code: CVRJC-3802-1 while importing a project with orphaned rows in UDFVALUE table

Version(s): 3.5, 3.5.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0

Problem:

Receiving Event Code: CVRJC-3802-1 while import a project with orphaned rows in UDFVALUE table
Problem: TCCustomVirtualRow.getJoinedColItems: UDFVALUE row has blank fk_id

Problem:

* EXCEPTION REPORT *

Date: 03-Nov-04

Executable: PM.exe

Application: Primavera Project Management

Event Code: CVRJC-3802-1

TCCustomVirtualRow.getJoinedColItems: UDFVALUE row

has blank fk_id

Context:

1: TfrmWizImport.wizImportFinish

2: TfrmWizImport.wizImportBeforeShowPage

3: TfrmWizImport.RunImportWizard

4: TfrmMain.actHomeExecute

5: TfrmMain.actFileImportExecute

6: TfrmMain.actProjectsExecute

7: TfrmMain.actFileImportExecute

8:

9:

10:

Detail:

Type: Exception

Object Type: TCUltraButton

Components

==========

ORI: ORI Win32 #

ORI/DB: PMDB,0410.0001.0001.0002

IMG: IMG Win32 #1000

System Info

===========

Username: Dominic Hostname: DGILLESPIEXP

OS Version: Windows NT ver 5.1, build 2600, Service Pack 1 (Intel Pentium)

BDE Version: 500 (1901-5-11) OTHER

BDE Ini file: C:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\BDE\IDAPI32.CFG
Cause: This issue is caused by orphaned records in the UDFVALUE table. The task ID (i.e. fk_id ) exists in the UDFVALUE table, but does not exist in the TASK table.
Fix: If the import is from the same source database (the database where the XER was exported from), please see prim22467
Fix:

The orphaned records need to be removed.

Solution 1:

Use the xerFileParser&Builder.xls to repair the XER file. More information can be found in solution prim4145: How to use the XER Parser utility.

Once the XER is open, Click on TASK.

Then highlight the task_id field.

Then copy and paste this column into a new Excel spread sheet.

Then go to the General tab and click on the UDFVALUE table.

Click and highlight the fk_id column.

Copy this column into the new Excel spread sheet that has the task_id column.

Then type the following formula into the second row of the third column.

=VLOOKUP(B2,$A$2:$A$#,1,0) Where B is the fk_id column, A is the task_id column and # is the row number of the last task_id item in column A.

Then double-click on the bottom right corner of that cell so that it automatically places the formula in the rest of the cells below.

Go to Data, Filter, and choose AutoFilter. This will give you a drop down menu to choose a group of rows. Look for all of the rows that have #N/A (may have to filter for a custom value). These are the orphaned records.

Now, delete the rows with matching fk_id values on the UDFVALUE tab in the xerFileParser&Builder.xls. As in the example above, find the row where fk_id = 2982 on the UDFVALUE tab and delete it.

Often, the same task_id(s) exists in the TASKACTV table as well. Filter TASKACTV table for the fk_id value(s) found in the UDFVALUE and delete those rows as well. If those rows are not removed, the user will get event code CVRJC-2214-A when importing the XER. See solution prim20010 for more information on this.

Finally, on the general tab, click the Build XER button.

Choose a new name for the "fixed" XER file.

Re-import the file.
Fix: Solution 2:

Only works for Primavera 4.x version of the XER Parser utility.

Use the xerFileParser&Builder.xls to repair the XER file. More information can be found in solution prim4145: How to use the XER Parser utility.

Note: Make sure the XER Parser utility that you downloaded has the Diagnostics ’Cross Check FK’ option. If not, go to solution prim4145 and dowload the 4.x version of the XER Parser utility.

1. Once the XER is open. Click on Diagnostics.

2. Select ’Cross Check FK’.

3. Select Table ’TASK’.

4. Select ’TASK_ID" field.

5. Select Secondary table ’UDFVALUE’.

6. Select Secondary ’FK_ID’ field.

7. Select ’Run Diagnostic’.

8. When it is done, it will give you a list of ’FK_ID’ values in the UDFVALUE table where the corresponding ’TASK_ID’ is not in the TASK table. These are the orphaned records. You need to go to the UDFVALUE tab and remove all the rows with those ’FK_ID’ values. Might be easier to sort the worksheet by ’FK_ID’.

9. Often, the same ’TASK_ID(s)’ exists in the TASKACTV table as well. If those rows are not removed, the user will get event code CVRJC-2214-A when importing the XER. See solution prim20010 for more information on this. Go back to the General tab and click on Diagnostics.

10. Select ’Cross Check FK’.

11. Select Table ’TASK’.

12. Select ’TASK_ID" field.

13. Select Secondary table ’TASKACTV’.

14. Select Secondary ’TASK_ID’ field.

15. Select ’Run Diagnostic’.

16. When it is done, it will give you a list of ’TASK_ID’ values in the TASKACTV table where the corresponding ’TASK_ID’ is not in the TASK table. These are the orphaned records. You need to go to the TASKACTV tab and remove all the rows with those ’TASK_ID’ values.

17. Finally, on the General tab, click the Build XER button.

18. Choose a new name for the "fixed" XER file.

19. Re-import the file.
Jose Ramirez
Okay, here is what happens now:

I created a new .xer file using the xerFileParser&Builder.xls to repair the original .XER file. I have saved it and renamed it but: the following happens (remember the this .xer was created using Pertmaster 8.5):

***(Am using P6)

after i re-import the file to P6 (i get the following error message)

Primavera (The Import File Is invalid)

what to do?

any advise?