Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

importing XLS to P5

3 replies [Last post]
sonia ahmadi
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi
I have 2 quite basic questions regarding how to import xls to P5

Should I first create a new blank project in P6 and then use import wizard? When I open the import wizard I can only choose "update an existing project" as an import action

I can not see any project on the list to select as the destination when I click on "import to" box of the wizard. Is it something related to my privilege?

Thanks

Replies

Kylie Ferguson
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Sonia, it could be due to your access levels, for example you will need import (superuser) access to import an excel file. Secondly, you need to have the project open which you want to import to, so when you choose the Import To... function it will then provide you with your selected project. Hope this helps.
sonia ahmadi
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnold
Thank you for your reply
let me explain my problem again I click in import on the P5 file menu and choose spreadsheet (xls) option (I don’t have such a problem when I want to import xer or mpx or p3 files)

In the next step when I click in “import to “field to select the import destination I can not see any project to select. Although there are a lot project the list is empty .Therefore I can not select any destination to import my excel spreadsheet.
Do you have any idea why it happens?
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sonia,

In order to import .xls format to P5/P6, first you must start from Primavera Windows (XER) format then export to Excel spreadsheet (XLS) format and modify it in excel.

Regards.

Arnold