Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6: baseline TF display in column

3 replies [Last post]
John Frantzen
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
During comparison reporting (layouts), one thing I like to do is list the "current" and baseline total float adjacent to one another (columns). This is easily done in P3... but when I’m setting-up layout columns in P6, I cannot find the baseline total float field. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Custom field? But how would I get BL TF into a custon field in the current project? I appreciate any and all insights. Thanks.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

ok the baseline must be 1st maintained then it must be assigned if it is not then the BL1 Total Float column will not be available to choose as a column. 

If the baseline has been properly maintained and then assigned then the BL1 total float column can be chosen by selecting add column and then expanding the durations column and choosing the BL1 Total Float column.

I think what you are missing is that under the Assign Baseline you must also select the baseline under Users Baselines Primary.

So in the primary category make sure that your baseline is referenced then the column that you are looking for will be visible. 

Now select add column and then expanding the durations column and choosing the BL1 Total Float column.

S Z
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

How can i get baseline total float in BL Total Float Column? i have included this field but there is no data appeared.

Can anyone help on it? I have to compare Baseline float versis Actual Running Schedule Float.

PS: BL is assigned to the project schedule.

Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Dear John,

If you have maintained and assigned a baseline to your current project, you will always have the option of showing the "BL1 Total Float" to anywhere in the layout columns. Please check assignment of baseline, then go to columns, click on the duration items and pick the BL1 Total Float to include in your columns item and put it beside the current Total Float column.

If you haven’t assigned a baseline to your current project, P6 will utilize the current project as its project baseline.

In Service,
Ferdinand