Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Charts/Graphs/Reports

4 replies [Last post]
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Is there supplemental software to primavera that chart/graphs and reports can be done on? The charts/graphs that P6 provides are extremely basic and little can be done to enhance them, and to produce a report with the software is painful and little can be done to make the reports layout custom.

Thanks
Ken Barrett

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Primavera Charts was available as a graphical tool to support P6, but eventually they have stopped selling from october 2008. Primavera charts will become an integral part of Primavera’s next version and will not be sold as an additional stuff

Cheers,

Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I agree that Primavera has a poor reporting capability.

There was a Third-Party product that Primavera use to have called Primavera Charts (or similar). It had a development and run-time version. Though I couldn’t see it on their web site just now.

They also have products that perform ETL to Operational and Business Intelligence databases that can produce graphics using any of the typical reporting tools (Business Objects, Crystal reports etc).

There is actually quite a lot you can achieve with tabular reports if you can be bothered to modify ones created using the wizard.
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Ken, I cannot agree more about Primavera’s negligence in providing a user-friendly grahical reporting tool; I always thought P3’s ability in this regard was terrible until I became a P6 user! How they can sell software for the price they do and not provide this ability is a disgrace.

cheers,

Omar
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 14 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Well there is a software that is linked to Primavera database, i forgot its name but i can remember it costs a lot...something like 30K $.