Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Create an ’S’ curve from P5 into Excel

3 replies [Last post]
Glenn Douglas
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi everyone,

i would like to create an S curve from my fully resoursed plan, but in excel (managers request) rather than P3e.

I’ve done it before but have had complete brain fade and need a step by step reminder.

Hope someone can help.

Replies

David Podmore
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m a bit rusty on P3 but as I recall you can run a report under Tools, Tabular Report, Costs and send the result to screen, printer or in your case, a CSV file for Excel to use.
You can also display data on the screen in columns as you do normally to administer/modify your programme and use Ctrl-A to select all cells/data, followed by Ctrl-C to copy it and Ctrl-V to paste it into an Excel spreadsheet. You do loose the grouping etc but keep the order. Try it and see.
Nar Thap
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Otherway round, how to create s- curve for a EPC project in P3, your help is appreciated.
David Podmore
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
No worries - was all had those...

Run (or create) a report that will deliver the data you want. EV, Budget, Actual etc. I would suggest just getting the report to do Grand Totals as this is all you will need for a graph.

When you run the report, send it to an ASCII CSV file which will be saved in a default folder which you can change. If selected, Excel will open this file the moment it is saved and you can do your thing.

Any more detail just PM me.