Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Percent Complete?

4 replies [Last post]
Richard Asiimwe
User offline. Last seen 16 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is it okay to manually enter the percent complete values in the "duration percent complete field" or manual entry is allowed only under "Physical Percent complete".

Thanks.

Replies

Frederic Fasquelle
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
You right,

I didn’t mention that I was talking about versus 3 or 3.1
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
what program (software) are you referring to?
Frederic Fasquelle
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

You can disconnect the percent complete from the remaining duration.
TOOLS > OPTIONS > DEFAULT AUTOCOST RULES.
You have to uncheck the first line ("link remaining duration and schedule percent complete").

This option is very good, because you can disconnect percent from remaining duration, thus if you give a budget for all your activities, you will be able to calculate a physical progress (in mhrs or quantities like concrete m3, ton of structural steel or piping inches).

But be careful, when it is desactivated, you must know and calculate for all your activities progress realized and remaining duration.

Personnaly, I am a partisan of this way of working but with constraints.
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Richard, You can manually enter the percent complete for ’Duration Percent Complete’ activities, as long as you are aware that your remaining duration will be adjusted accordingly;
10 day activity @ 50% = 5 remaining days

Andy