Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Converting P3 Project to P3e

2 replies [Last post]
Mia Ng
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I just have a quick question about converting from P3 to P3e, hope you could help. When I transfered a single project from P3 to P3e, the activity codes (which were all defined) for this P3 project (which I kept as existing when transfered) came across to P3e as project-specific activity codes.

However, when I tried to group and sort the project based on these project specific activity codes (to get the same layout as in P3), it didn’t seem to work at all. P3e did not recognise any of those code (eventhough they still appear in the list of activity codes) Not sure if I missed out any step?

Replies

Mia Ng
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
thanks for your answer, I have changed all codes to global and it worked ok now
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You have answered the question yourself.

The codes have been imported as "Project Specific" and are therefore not available for multi project views.