Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting Work Days?

7 replies [Last post]
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all!

I am scheduling a shutdown using P3e but for some reason I can not get it to schedule any resource hours on saturdays or sundays. I have changed the project calendar to 7 day work week and have changed the resource calendars to the same, but still no work scheduled on the weekends. Is there some sort of default I am missing that only allows a 5 day schedule? Any help/advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Ken Barrett
Jr Planner

Replies

Ken Barrett
That is exactly how i figured it out... and it is for sure the way to go

Thanks!!!!

Keep the advice coming!!!

Ken Barrett
Wai Chan
I would also recommend on your display column pick the calender display option, and you can change your calender on your activity. I find that much easier because the schedule i am dealing with involves levee and river work with 6 different calenders, and trust me, the Corps of Engineers has many restriction and simply tie your hands all the time.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Good luck!
Ken Barrett
I figured out that my activity calendar was wrong. I had my project calendar set to 7 days, resource calendar set to 7 days but my activity calendar was set to 5 days...

I appricate all your help. This site is an absolute god send for me. I am a 26 year old engineer with little field experience and even less planning experience, but trying to produce scheduling/planning/budgeting/everything else... just flying by the seat of my pants...hahahah... as they say, sink or swim!!
Dieter Wambach
Did you check if the seven day work week calendar really was created as named?
I don’t know of such a restriction. In neneral we have this situation: 5 work days in Europe (Engineering), 6 with Friday off (Construction) and 7 for lead times.... It works.
Dieter
Ken Barrett
Thank you for help,

I have my activity type as Task Dependent, and my calendar is set to 7 day work week, still no time scheduled for weeeknds... any other possible fixes?
Dieter Wambach
Hi Ken
The project calendar is just a default for new activities.
I assume you want to plan with fixed durations. So:
- Activity type: Task dpendent
- Task calendar: the one with working time during weekend.

Regards
Dieter