Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tagging layouts to projects?

2 replies [Last post]
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
All,

Does anyone know if you can have the layout change when you open a specific project?

I have 8 live projects running and have to change the current date and issue (in the revision box) each time i want to issue a programme.

Regards,

Oliver

Replies

Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In P6, it is possible to Save a Layout available to a specific project only. If you make any change in that project specific layout, you need to make sure you save it before opening another project. Layouts can be made available as All users, Other user, User or Project.

So far, this is one distinct plus point in P6 over P5.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
As far as I know it is not possible, I find it very frustrating that each time one opens a project one gets the layout of the last project. It is my opinion that Primavera Enterprise is too User and Enterprise centric and not project centric. It is not possible to have a project that is totally independent of all other projects with its own resources etc.

A couple of options I have developed with some clients include:
1. Having a database per project or client
2. Making the users a “project” having access to only that project and therefore user layouts become project layouts.

Both of these are not satisfactory.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au