Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating P5

3 replies [Last post]
Sandy Matheson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Doing something I though was simple, update Physical % complete by import of Excel data file (using format from previous export). Will not work for some reason, tried several times. On import I get message that ’import is successful’, but no data in field. I can type the data in the field but not into long term typing exercise. Have managed to import start dates and RDU etc (after a few tries and losing WBS in process) but not %??? Does anybody else find this import/export feature a real pain in the a$$?? Every step, every time, in some cases will only read 1 field, sometimes more. GGGGGGH.

Replies

Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Sandy:

The only fields I update are start and finish dates and activity percent complete. I do it all 3 in one import session and it works fine except for the ocasional errors in the percent complete as I mentioned before.

Do you have to do the import of activity percent complete after doing the import of dates for the percent complete to come up right?

Tomas Rivera
Sandy Matheson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Tomas, that worked. But still a painfull process to update progress, this import/export is tedious. Why can we not update all required fields with one file import!!
Sandy
Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Sandy:

I have had the same problem as you have.
According to Primavera, you need to update the Activity % Complete field in your Excel file. Then when importing, the scheduler will update the corresponding % complete field depending on the % complete type you have configured for each activity.
But I still get the same problem again sometimes. So I am not sure what is going on.

Hope it helps

Tomas Rivera