Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Automatic Reorganizing in P5

7 replies [Last post]
Beth Spivey
User offline. Last seen 12 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
I installed P5 today and while I am editing activity codes it keeps automatically reorganizing/sorting and I lose my place in my schedule. I went to user preferences and "reorganize automatically" is not selected. I moved the chevron off the activity code column I am working in to another columnn (activity ID) but when I edit in the columns (preferred) it still reorganizes. What’s up with that??????

HELP and thanks, Beth

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi All,

If you change somethings on the settings like "Group & Sort-> Reorganize Automatically" make sure to press F5 functions to refresh the database. Sometimes it will not effect any changes without refreshing the database.

Hope this help,
Rodel
Beth Spivey
User offline. Last seen 12 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
You are correct. I have noticed that sometimes I get rid of the chevron in the column header and it will not do automatically reorganize. I am not sure yet how I have managed to do this. Hope this helps!
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You are probably correct this is fixed in P6 but even though you have done a test doesn’t mean it doesn’t still exist. For 95% of my activity codes there isn’t a problem but every now and then there is an activity code when I change the value it moves from the current place to the new area. This is annoying as you can’t fill-down the remainder.
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
I just checked with some codes in P6. It has worked so far. When automatically reorganize option is turned off, you can edit, codes and WBS and they remain there. You can then Fill down to correct if for multiple activities.
Mark Chapman
Solution ID: prim32559

Activities are reorganizing even though the Reorganize Automatically Option is turned off

Version(s): 5.0

Problem: Activities are reorganizing even though the Reorganize Automatically Option is turned off

Fix: This known problem in Project Management 5.0 is currently under review and may be corrected in a future release.

Mark Chapman
This happens to me too. It only happens on one of the activity codes in the group (of 4) and this has happened on another of my projects. Now if Re-organize automatically was checked it would do this for all changes to activty codes.

I will check out POINT and report back if I find anything.
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Beth,

Please re-check that User Preferences->Application->Re-organize autimatically is unchecked. I have just tested and it works on my computer. I didn’t check knowledgebase, nut another thing comes to my mind is, maybe it is a bug in initial P5 release, please be sure that you have applied the latest service pack.

Hope this helps,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials