Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Issues

2 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Planners,
In P3e I have assigned resources on given activities. Resource units are labour and material. Most of atvities are linked togather. But One activity creates a huge lag. if I remove resouce from that activity then automatically lag removes. I don’t know where from that lag comes. I need to assign resource on that activity.That activity repeats many times in my schedule.

(2)for checking of resources in resource usage graph I don’t see any unit . It gives zero in total and commulative although activity had been started. or it gives after finishing of activity.

If any body know the solution please reply.

Minhas

Replies

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 17 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Minhas

For second query, the reason you can not see resource graph is unit conflict between labour(hour) and material(e.g feet long)
If a diagram have 2 kind of resource,which have different unit measure, it can not be drawn.

Thanks
Khuong
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Minhas

It seems that your activities are resource driven - activity type: resource dependent and the associated calendar has some holidays or in the master data under "Units & Prices" the maximum units are set to 0.

Regards
Dieter