Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

reporting expenses

4 replies [Last post]
Ceren Dogan
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,
I prepared a schedule by defining unit prices as expenses, since there is no resource data. but i cant find a way to track the cost or find a suitable report.
There is 2 expense catagory and all the expenses are related to cost accounts.
as an example how can i obtain cash flow separetly for the 2 expense catagory?

Thanks in advance.
Ceren

Replies

Ceren Dogan
Hello Sufian,
Thank you very much for the help, that is exactly what i needed. I am trying to get used to P3 e/c after P3. It requires some effort!I could not realize the possibility of working with layout. I lost myself in reports section.
Thanks again.

Ceren
Sufian Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
okay now you’ve got a few different ways of reporting this.

first of all, if you can manipulate your current screen to display the information you want to report then you can run a report on the current screen.

For example, if you click on the expenses window (left hand side of the screen) or click on project menu and select expenses.

Tidy this window up:
Right click on your expenses, select columns and then customise. From this window you can have a variety of fields like price unit

Perhaps group your expense items according to category. Right click on your expenses, go to group and sort, if you can’t find what you’re looking for select customise and then select from the many grouping categories

Once you’ve done that click on tools and select report wizard, as you’ve manipulated your screen click on the current screen radio button, bypass all of the options - click on next, next, next save run etc

I think that’s quite a practical way of analysing data.

Alternative way, navigate to the reports window. Now I’m assuming there isn’t an expenses report there - otherwise you would have done it already and you wouldn’t be posting a question here ;)

Click on Add
Click on Project Expenses
Click on Next
Click on Next
Use the Columns / Group and Filters to manipulate the data - i would suggest you use grouping like category, use columns to add in price / unit etc
Follow the defaults - save / run etc

Let me know how you get on or if you need more info!!

Ceren Dogan
I added a price unit for each expense.
Sufian Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
are you referring to the five price / units you set up in from the admin menu? or are you adding in expenses and typing in a price unit for each expense item?