Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Current progress against baseline?

7 replies [Last post]
Kevin Utting
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know where the option to view current progress on the baseline bar is?

In P3 v3.1 I used to be able to show a progress drop line as a red saw tooth line joining current progress on my target bar.

I can’t show the red-line in P3e which I can live with, but can I show my baseline bar with current progress % on that bar?

When I click view > Bars... and select just my primary baseline bar and my % complete bar and my activity started late it shows my progress in the middle of the baseline bar commencing from it’s actual start date and not on the planned start date as I would like.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Not sure this is what you ask for but you can use
"View"
"Progress Spotlight"

This will give you a progress line for with the data date line show whether the activity is ahead of behine schedule

HTH

Alex
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 26 weeks ago. Offline
I am struggling with same problem.
I can display bars for baseline OK
When I apply progress bars, progress is shown from actual start not baseline start?

In P3 %progress was shown from Target start date?
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
No offence taken. I’ve been using this software for a few years now and always find something else to learn and there’s sometimes half a dozen ways to do it.

Cheers
Lee Goulden
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Kevin, funny, now I read it again, your right, sorry no offence intended.
I just haven’t seen baseline progress done yet in P3e.
Kevin Button
...define a new set of bars to reflect original baseline and report progress against these...

Which is what I was suggesting anyway, just said it a different way.
Lee Goulden
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
There is no option to do this. Although it should be possible to define a new set of bars to reflect original baseline and report progress against these. It should be ...
Kevin Button
Not sure that I fully understand what you need but you might need to play with some new bars and create one that uses the Plan Bar for the timescale and have the % Complete displayed on this bar.

KB