Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress bar against the baseline?

6 replies [Last post]
Ayman Eleish
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

What is the easiest way to show the progress bar against the baseline?

Regrads,

Replies

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Ayman

I have inserted a link to my website. Is this what you like to see?

If so, and need more information let me know.

http://plannenvoornietplanners.net/opgeven-van-de-voortgang/voortgang-week-4.html

Johannes

Ayman Eleish

Thanks Raymund,

Actually I am doing that by using UDF and Global Chang taking into consideration that the finish progress bar shuold be based on the the schedule %.But I was looking for an easier way.

Regards,

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Ayman,

Baseline Progress Bar is not available in P6 in my opinion.

However if you want to show using the UDF, create UDF say Min (From or Start Date) and Ali (To or Finish Date).

On the bar option, create a Bar Name - BL Progress, Timescale - User Dates, then select the UDF for User Start Date and Use Finish Date. On the Bar Style - make the style & row the same as your baseline Bar.

Hope this will help.

Kashif Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

right click in the bar area,  select the baseline bar and close. you will see it.

regrds,

kk

Ayman Eleish

Raymund,

I could not see the attached picture ,however I'd like to show the blue bar on the baseline bar as we used to get it from P3,on other words, to show the planned progress on the baseline bar.

I am aware that it can be done by the user define fields,but it is lettle bit complicated,like to get an easy way.

Thanks for reply,regards,

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Ayman,

Do you mean similar to this?

progress.jpg