Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import P3 to P3e

3 replies [Last post]
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all PP members;

Do any of u have already came across with this type of error during an importation of a project p3 to p3e?

Error: "Unknown error reported by P3 engine"

Kind regards.

Marcio Eduardo

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
Hi Steve Keys;

See Primavera’s response:

Solution ID: prim833
Error: "Unknown error reported by P3 engine"

Version(s): 4.0, 4.0, 4.1, 4.1, 5.0

Fact: Importing a P3 project into Project Manager.

Fact: Exporting a project from Project Manager to P3.

Problem: Error: "Unknown error reported by P3 engine"

Fix: Reboot client workstation and try again. If installed under Citrix, reboot server.

Fix: Btrieve must be installed on the machine and the user must have full rights to the Btrieve Technologies folder and the Primavera folder in the registry.
NOTE: Always backup the registry prior to editing. To back up the registry, click on Registry, Export Registry File, and choose where you would like to Save it to (i.e. Backup folder), give it a name, (i.e. Regback), and click on Save.
1. Log in to the machine as a local administrator.

2. Run Regedt32 (Go to Start, Run. Type in regedt32. Click OK) Go to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Btrieve Technologies.

3. From the Toolbar: click on Security,Permissions and give the local users group Full Control of this key.

4. Go to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Primavera.

5. Click on Security,Permissions and give the local users group Full Control of this key.
Possible Additional requirement:
If the above changes do not resolve the issue, check the permissions for the ’windows’ folder. If no access is allowed, change the ’Btrieve Home’ folder.
1. Select, start, Run or find
2. launch the ’W32MKSET.exe’ application.
3. Set the ’Home’ directory’ to a folder to which the user has full access:

I didn’t understand anything!!!

Kind regards

Marcio Eduardo
Steve Keys
User offline. Last seen 18 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
There could be a variety of drivers here; this sounds like a technical support issue and I suggest you contact either your local dealer’s support facility or else Primavera direct.

A profile of Primavera’s support capabilities can be found at http://www.primavera.com/customer/index.asp. You will need your serial number to hand when making contact (it will also need to be under current maintenance).

Good luck.
Marcio Sampaio
Any idea of what can i do?