Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Types When Importing from P3 to P3e

2 replies [Last post]
Kevin Donaghy
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

When importing a project from P3 v3.1 to P3e v 4.1, how and what controls how v4.1 determines what type of resource it is.

I have imported a project, and some of the resources are now non-labour, and v4.1 will not allow me to change the resource type.

Any suggestions / advice.

Regards

Kevin

Replies

Kevin Donaghy
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Joao,

Thanks for that, but my unit of measure was Mhr (Man hours)and t (tonnes), I will try just using mh and ton and see what that does.

Cheers

Kevin
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
That is determined by PRMCONVERT.INI file. Please see page 463 of Administrator guide. In short: resources are converted to labour, non-labour or material according to rules set in that file, so changing the file changes the rules. Hope this will help you.