Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing Activity ID’s

8 replies [Last post]
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

is it possible for p3e to generate an id (1,2,3, .....etc) for group of activities organized and sorted in a certain way??

do i need to change the existing id’s ( it doesnot matter) or creat a new user defind column??

as i want to export the layout to msp preserving the same sequence

Replies

X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
thanx for all of u guys,

it worked with me as mohammed said.

it exports the activity codes in text custom fields.
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Very Easy. use Global. Remember that IDs are treated as Tex

and on your filter for Global, id the filter you want.

Cheers bill
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
First mister planner planner shoud IDentify himself and indeed you can easely change the id’s by using a global change and build (afterwards) all sorts of intellegence in it. a template of this global change has already been made so look it up and change it for your best result.

regards

Henk
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
First mister planner planner shoud IDentify himself and indeed you can easely change the id’s by using a global change and build (afterwards) all sorts of intellegence in it. a template of this global change has already been made so look it up and change it for your best result.

regards

Hek
Mohammed Muneeruddin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

... IN CONTINUATION TO MY EARLIER REPLY

4. PERFORM GLOBAL CHANGE BY INSTRUCTING CHANGE

ACT EQ NEWID

I HOPE THIS HELPS

BEST REGARDS.

MUNEER
Mohammed Muneeruddin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
HI

IF YOUR ARE USING P3 THEN I SUGGEST
1.YOU CREATE NEW ACTIVITY CODE - SAY - "NEWID" IN YOUR PROGRAM

2.YOU EXPORT YOUR PROGRAM TO EXCEL INCLUDING ACTITY ID AND ACTIVITY CODES -BY SORTING THE WAY YOU WANT IN MSP (TOOLS,EXPORT,....ANY REPORT,FORMAT,SORT).

3.OPEN THE NEW FILE IN EXCEL OR LOTUS- FILL UP W THE NEWID THE WAY YOU WANT AND IMPORT BACK TO P3.

Andrew Edwards
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
The only way I’ve done it previously is to build the intelligence into the Activity ID from the start. I fear doing it retrospectively isw going to be a manual job.

If you do find a way, please let us know.

Andy
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
I cannot think of a way to easily populate the activity ID or another field with a number corresponding to its group/sort order sequence other than manually typing in the number.

Regards,
Bill