Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Negative Lag

5 replies [Last post]
Mostak Mondal
User offline. Last seen 13 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anybody help me How to filter the negative lag in P3.

Replies

Arun R
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mondal,

Currently you can not add a columns ot show your lag

However, you can look in the relationship window and scroll thru activity by activity

The faster way is to export the activites to excel but make sure that you  choose Activity Relationship as the Subject Area.

Then you will see it in excel

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
ST on Windows 7 pro

Still not working. I cannot define any resource.

http://primavera.zxlm.cn/kb/prim84832

Problem: Is SureTrak supported on Windows 7?
Problem: Has SureTrak 3.0c been tested on Windows 7?
Problem: Does SureTrak run on Windows 7?
Fix: SureTrak is NOT supported on Windows 7.

Some of the issues identified with running SureTrak 3.0c on Windows 7 include the following:

•Cannot create a project using Project Kickstart
•Cannot create/modify/delete layouts as buttons are missing and the dialog boxes are cutoff
•Cannot create/modify/delete resources in the dictionary as buttons are missing and the dialog boxes does not display properly
•Cannot run Tutorial from Help menu

These issues are not scheduled to be fixed at this time.

My solution is...

Remove ST

Yes ....

Best Regards,
Rafael
Rafael Davila
Ronald

I appreciate your reply as I would like it to work on my version of windows 7 32 bit professional. I will install it again and see what it shows, and then I will let you know. I hope it works as you said. I admire your insistence on disclosing the truth and not misleading any of our PP friends, if it works I will be honest, not issue at all if I am wrong.

Best Regards,
Rafael

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Rafael,

Perhaps this is off-topic, but why do you keep insisting that SureTrak will positively not work in a 32-bit Windows 7 environment? This simply is not true. I have SureTrack installed and doing quite well on my 32-bit Windows 7 computer.

Mostak,

The only way that I know to get a listing of negative lags in P3 of is to export all relationships to either 1-2-3 or dBase and sort on the lag field. P3 and P6 are activity-centric software programs that do not acknowledge relationships except for how they relate to activities. There are no relationship reports, only activity reports with the relationship information included. Good luck!
Rafael Davila
ST Filter

In Spider Project you can create both filters, for lag and for out-of-sequence/broken links.

SP Filter

If your obsolete software cannot get these essential filters then get more advanced software capable of filtering for lag and out-of-sequence. Missing these filters it is unwise by the developers.

Negative lag filter would look for lag < 0 but I avoid use of negative lag, only someone auditing my schedule would be interested on using such a filter. If you represent the Owner you should look for negative lag and also for lags too long, say lag > 10 days. The scheduler should explain why use of such values, on very, very rare occasions it might be justified. Misuse of lag can be on purpose, yes dishonest, but a few can dare to do so.