Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 WBS Transfering Problem to P3e

3 replies [Last post]
musawar Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 17 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have inported p3 project file to p3e through import but i didn’t find WBS in p3e. In WBS one task.
I don’t know how to import all activities in same sequence in same WBS.
Can anybody help me out on urgent basis.
waiting for reply........

Minhas
Canada

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline
Musawar,

Would you be able to send me your P3 files so I can check what the anomaly is? If you dont want to transfer WBS then on the option WBS select do not import. Same on other items that you don’t want to import.

Rodel

e: Rodel.Marasigan@unitedgroupltd.com
musawar Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 17 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rodel,
Thank you for detail answer. I went through all the ways but I couldn’t found WBS and links in P3e. All p3 files have some capacity non of them has zero.
Finally, I installed p3 in my pc . Now I am going to start working on that schedule in p3 but finally I have to transfer all my company’s projects in p3e.

May be in p3 there could be some options which stop to transfer WBS , relationships links etc. If you can help me for solving this problems I will be thankful to you.
I have just switched my job in this company. I know both softwares but not expert.

Waiting for your reply

Reagrs,
SHAIKH
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline
Musawar,

It’s strange because it should be imported automatically. I suggest to check all your P3 files and make sure that all 23 files sizes are not 0 values specially the file ????WBS.P3 which is P3 WBS library. If all the files are present and each size has no 0 value then open it in P3 and check any anomalies. Try to organize it by WBS and if everything is okay then close and follow these steps and let me know the result so I can help you further.

1) Open your P5 program
2) Close all project opened (by default it open the last project that your working on)
3) Select File-> Import on your file menu
4) Select Primavera Project Planner (P3) and click Next
5) Change the directory where you P3 project to be imported and select the project then click Next
6) You can select Combine subproject if you wanted to import as single file or if you are importing only one project otherwise select the create separate projects and select all the project need to be import and click Next.
7) You can change the Project ID , Select Create New Project and Select the Enterprise where you wish to import your P3 project.
8) Type a new root name for your resources or you can select on the existing by clicking import to and right click on the pop-up window and Select Filter by All Active Resources and click Next.
9) If you wish to import notes you can select to create new or select the existing and click Next.
10) Click Modify Update Project Options and make sure that the WBS action column is Update Existing or Insert New and click Okay and click Finish then select Activities.

Your WBS should be imported together with your activities. You can check it by selecting WBS on your Project Toolbar on the left side of the screen or Project-> WBS on the project menu.

Regards,
Rodel