Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Retained Logic Question

3 replies [Last post]
Sunil Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Frank,

The problem I have is when I schdeule on retained logic, I have some activities which has completed 90% and will take actually one day after the schedule date but when I schedule it shows it requires more than 1 day and all its predecessor is 100% complete.

Trust I was clear on this

Thanx

Sunil

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Sunil, perhaps it may be a calendar phase problem. Check the calendars for any FF predecessors (I suppose ancestors is a better word - you may have to check several tasks preceding) to see if they are delaying the task (even though the predecessor is completed).

I remember seeing this problem on some scheduling system back when I was doing some testing, but I honestly don’t recall which system exhibited this behavior.

Bernard Ertl
eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Ernesto Puyana
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
It could be that your program is linking percent complete to remaining duration.
Frank Borcherdt
User offline. Last seen 7 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Check constraints, suspend and resume dates and calendar of 90% complete activity.

If using Projects within Project Groups check advanced scheduling options re Data dates.

There has to be a logical reason and I consider progress overide fairly dangerous for the reason I explained before.