Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

LOGO IN P3

10 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone tell how to paste company logo from MS Word/Excel on to the logo space as provided for in page set-up - footer.

Replies

callum hood
User offline. Last seen 20 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
"Ooo"? what are you 10? Well my dad could beat up your dad. your pathetic.
callum hood
Hi dazed and confused,

What are you going on about? I was just telling someone how to put a logo into P3 if the logo was in a font format. That is what was asked. I think all relevance to the question has been lost. How the graphs gather information is not my, or more importantly the questioners concern. Mktse just had bad grammar, so was hard to understand. From what I could gather he repeated what I said at the end of my first message. I think that’s what he was trying to say anyway, it was hard to read.
Oh and by the way. Starter? Well aren’t we petulant. Attempts to establish ascendancy through vilification of others aptitude is pitiable. So is trying to talk over someone (see what I mean?). A fool is the man who tries to talk over someone; the genius is the man who tries to be understood. I would appreciate not being talked down to in future. As I’m sure you would to.
OK intermediate?
callum hood
I didn’t understand a word of that.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Further to callum’s point out, logo file is not packed with the P3 project backup. Even they are (like P3e/c), other need to change the path to fit his own environment.
So, font is not the major, know the machanism is winner.
callum hood
Our logo is truetype format.
In word if I select a certain font:"MBN" and type:"abc"
The company logo appears on the screen.
Like magic.
Most companies have there logo made into a font for convenience and to keep file size down, when entering it into documents and alike.
P3 only has the fonts "Arial" and "Times new roman" as defaults any extras (e.g. a logo font) would have to be added in the way I explain. The person asking the question said the logo was only available to him in word. You two presumed it was a picture, for all you know, it’s not.
So in response yes and no, I wrote about fonts AND logos because they can be the same thing. It’s just an alternative; if your advice didn’t work it may have been because you didn’t take this possibility into account.

OK
callum hood
If the logo is in font format (e.g. typing:abc in fonttype:MBN in word brings up our company logo).
go into p3
click format
then fonts....
then +
then the downward arrow next to the +
and add the logo font at the required size.
you then go to Titles/Comments to add it, not logo.

as you know you can’t send an electronic copy of this to anyone outside the company, as 99 times out of 100 they wont have that font on there computer, so it wont show. for in house, hard copies and making pictures it’s fine.

hope this helped if the others didn’t.
MK TSE
Thanks Dragos’s advice.
Some people don’t like the low resolution graphic, especially their organization logo is not ’sharp’.
MK TSE
Alternative, save the logo object from Word/Excel as file format.
In P3 header/footer, insert the path for that object file.
MK TSE
Sorry for my poor English. May I detail explain my previous post "Further to callum’s point out, logo file is not packed with the P3 project backup. Even they are (like P3e/c), other need to change the path to fit his own environment.
So, font is not the major, know the machanism is winner."

I like to point out that: Although we solve the logo file problem in our working environment, problem on logo file is still there, like the font we discussed. The problem is when we backup a P3 project, the logo file is not included. When others restore the project, the layout still look for the missing logo file. (I was told P3e/c backup will included the logo file automatically)
If we let other have both P3 backup and logo file, he need to change the path for logo display.

That’s why I say other has the same font or is not importance since logo file have same poor performance. The most importance is we need to know the software mechanism, how it work.
callum hood
I thought so, but in my first message i did say:
"as you know you can’t send an electronic copy of this to anyone outside the company, as 99 times out of 100 they wont have that font on there computer, so it wont show. for in house, hard copies and making pictures it’s fine."
Which is pretty much the same thing.
It’s not important anyway.
Take care.
P.S. anyone reading this board should know i had a bit of a row with some petro-chem guy from the netherlands called drago, so if the previous messages from me look kinda stupid its for two reasons:
1. He removed his messages, so I look like I was talking to myself. And
2. The whole dispute was actually stupid.