Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Finish date of particular Package got earlier

3 replies [Last post]
shreeraj khilare
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Greeting for the day folks,

I was updating one of my program and even after increasing data date by 7 days, finish date of particular package got earlier by 27 days, where my project finish date has increased by 7 days as usual. I have ckecked the links , links seems to be good as this program is in use for 5 years and this is the 1st time something like this has happened. 

Please guide me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Shreeraj

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline

I also agree with Zoltan.

Make sure there is/was no out-of-sequence progress on any update.  If due to "over-statused"/"out-of-sequence-progress" maybe this can give you a clue.

Out-of-sequence progress is not necessarily a sin, on the contrary it can speed-up a schedule, it can be an improvement on original plan.  I believe out-of-sequence progress shall always be fixed as soon as it happens in order to keep a clear view of schedule logic.

In any case you shall be in control and understand why it happened.

Good Luck.

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Agreed!

Do a float path analysis and follow the path link by link and make sure that it makes sense.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

it appears that you have over statused your schedule by doing so something else has taken over the critical path

check your progress again and any constraints