Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating Existing Project for new Baseline

4 replies [Last post]
Anderson Charlie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Recently I have just amended my resources cost. I want to update my cost baseline by updating the current project by importing previous updated *.xer files. However, when I try to schedule my program it become 0% (except for the 100% activities). Can anyone advise me why does this happen? Or do I have to manually insert in the performance percentage manually one by one to each of the activities. Which by the way consist of more than 500 activities!!!

Thanks in advance guys

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

glad I could help 

Anderson Charlie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mr Zolfan,

Your method works!! thanks for the reply.

Anderson

Amro Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Please also Make sure the following:

- No filter has done in the update  especially,(in progress activities)

-in update , the option for thechnique  computing pecent comletion is custom  not 0/100

Good luck

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

assign the baseline then select update baseline and select costs