Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Reply of Client for my EOT Claim

3 replies [Last post]
SM PUM
User offline. Last seen 10 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Experts; Our project was extended to 31st July but due to lack of funds from the client it has been delayed again.I submitted the schedule to the client woth a new Expected finish date.In reply to my EOT,I received the Following reply from the client.Can anybody explain me that what exactly our client wants from me.Please read below;  .....The current overall percentage progress as per the calculations sent by you and the new completion dates sent be Essam are as follows:                Completion    Exp. FinishB09&10:    52.10%        12-01-2014 B011:        58.90%        11-06-2013The percentage completion provided to the insurers for last extensions (upto 31 July) during Feb. 2012 were 49% for B09&10 and 57% for B11. So it appears we had very slow progress during last five months perhaps almost dormant construction activity for the subject buildings. The extensions required based on the above completion dates (sent by Essam) will be 18 months for B09&10 and 11 months for B11 and this will involve substantial premium. Please send me a break-up of the above extension period based on construction activity i.e. dormant months, low activity and high construction activity so I can try for some reduction of premium at least for the dormant months. REgards, SM

Replies

SM PUM

Dear Shareef Abdul Azeez

Thank you for your kind reply.Can you please explain that how it will be shown in activity usage spreadsheet.The said schedule is not loaded with manhours or man-months.And what doest High activity and low activity means?? Does it mean the predecessor and successor?

Regards

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hello

If you use an activity usage spread sheet the low activity and high activity usage months can be assertained. 

SM PUM

I am confused about this line: 

Please send me a break-up of the above extension period based on construction activity i.e. dormant months, low activity and high construction activity so I can try for some reduction of premium at least for the dormant months.

I do not understand the Low activity and high activity.what are these that he is referring to?

Regards