Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

LNG Terminal (onshore/offshore) EPC Schedule !

4 replies [Last post]
Suraj Thakur
User offline. Last seen 17 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can provide me a copy of an LNG Terminal EPC Schedule.

The job requires: A typical LNG Terminal (onshore/offshore) Engg, Procurement & COnstruction schedule .

Can anyone please help me as this is not my area of expertise.

My email is sooraj_er@yahoo.com if someone has a schedule(P3/P5/P6/MPP/PDF) for me.

But all inputs are welcomed!!

Thanks & Regards
Suraj Thakur

Replies

ryan rollan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Good day to all. Hope you can help me about sample LNG Project Master Plan. I'm also new to this field of work now for i came from high rise building planning works. Your help is very much appreciated. My email is rollanryan1980@gmail.comThanks you very much. Ryan
Jian Liu
User offline. Last seen 45 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I was assigned to planning a new schedule for LNG ( EPC)

I want to learn more from all of you experienced in this field.

many thanks!

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Surai

I worked on the civils section of the LNG terminal at Milford Haven and it was the most technically complex sequence of work I have ever encountered.

I couldn’t build it so I did not try to plan it.

Samer is right - don’t try to plan it yourself - go to the engineers and then schedule their plan for them.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Surai,

The typical processes for each project are:

1. Engineering
a. Material Submittals
b. Shop Drawings

2. Procurement
a. Long Lead Items
b. Standard items

3. Construction

4. Handing Over, Testing and Commissioning.

For an LNG project, the major steps are:

1. Drilling offshore
2. Storing the Gas offshore
3. Transforming the Gas into Liquid
4. Transporting the Gas to onshore
5. Storing the Gas onshore
6. Processing the Gas
7. Trasporting the Gas to destination

You need to create buildings, piping and piperacks along the way. Constructing these out of concrete and steel structure would be according to the specification, drawings and BOQ that you have. The more indepth information that is required about completing the plants, would be secured from special process engineers. Your best source of information is you team members and Project Managers.

With kind regards,

Samer