Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ASTA Power Project – Completely Failed

10 replies [Last post]
Bill Joshaf
User offline. Last seen 14 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am writing regarding renowned software planning company called as ASTA who don’t care about his customers after sale and never replied in a timely manner all the time not once.

Being totally disappointed with such attitude of ASTA especially Michel Mccullen who developed this software, as he claims on his web site , but by copying various planning softwares being as Big Copycat, don’t know how to run the business and how to take care of his existing customers so how can he think that he will defeat P3 in UK. . No and never……. Money is not everything dear MM…. Your customers are your Money……think something about that if you finish your search for other softwares to include their techniques in ASTA.

Due to above reasons we recently installed P3 as it is worldclass software throughout the world (mostly all construction site everywhere ) having more care all the time, more helpful, more users, more techniques whereas ASTA has limited approach to only a few companies in a few parts of UK … limited users.

Therefore it is advisable to all who have any intention to buy or change planning software or do ASTA planning courses, never go with ASTA please …… always go with others software ……..Others have better future for you than ASTA throughout the world.

Replies

Richard Spedding
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Luckily there will even sooner come a day when P3 will not work on current computers because Primavera chose not to upgrade it to 32 bit technology.

The only one that seems biased on this thread is Bill Joshaf - may be good for a reaction, but no details have been given of how badly he was treated to give rise to the spleen being vented.

As Clive says, there appears nothing more to be said on this thread.
Bill Joshaf

Coz it only irritates/pins up to CLIVE not any of planning members on this forum because they all are well educated, well behaved and mannered except this person whose act is totally biased. That’s why he said ’closed’.

Actually CLIVE is the founder of using awful language on this forum so firstly he should be banned with immediate effect.
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
There appears to be nothing else to say and closure is apparent.
Bill Joshaf
CLIVE

Asta gave me tough time not you.......so don’t need to be worried about that.

Shortly a day will come when P3 completely swamp ASTA from UK also. wait ........

Charlie is again in your posting. You are completely Charlie Damped Man.

Clive Randall
Charlie

Sorry Bill,

You are Bill arent you,

Not Charlie,

I get so mixed up with irrational tirades such as yours

After the sentence chill man, in my post that you responded to, read the next sentence. It deals with why I chose to use capitals, or rather why the use of capitals was not shouting.

Agreement with the views of others is not neccessary, but a rational explanation of why you disagree aids the debate.

Frothing at the mouth and casting aspersions is not conducive to moving this forum forward.

Perhaps this is why ASTA gave you a tough time, If of course they did.

Bill Joshaf
Whatsoever you written and shouting here CLIVE shows your inner and personal comment being ........... your comments in favour of ASTA is baseless, frivolous and afterthought..not acceptable in any case............and also donot need to be advocating and shouting here someone....

YOU UNDERSTAND CLIVEEEEEEEEEE

Clive Randall
Dear Bill

Chill man

I respond to your comments in capitals, but I am not shouting.

"ASTA who don’t care about his customers after sale and never replied in a timely manner all the time not once."

DID YOU EVER ASK THEM AND KEEP GOING TO THE TOP UNTIL YOU GOT A RESPONSE

"Being totally disappointed with such attitude of ASTA especially Michel Mccullen who developed this software, as he claims on his web site , but by copying various planning softwares being as Big Copycat, don’t know how to run the business and how to take care of his existing customers so how can he think that he will defeat P3 in UK."

MY RECOLLECTION IS THAT MR MCULLEN DID IN FACT DEVELOP THE SOFTWARE AND TRIALED IT IN A COMPANY I WORKED FOR OVER 18 YEARS AGO. PRIMAVERA HAVE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE OF OTHERS WHEN UPGRADING. IS THIS A PROBLEM ? AS TO WHETHER HE CAN RUN A BUSSINESS FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

"Due to above reasons we recently installed P3 as it is worldclass software throughout the world (mostly all construction site everywhere ) having more care all the time, more helpful, more users, more techniques whereas"

I DO TRUST YOU ARE NOT ATTEMPTING TO RUN P3 ON VISTA AND ALSO REALISE THAT PRIMAVERA ARE MAKING VALIANT EFFORTS TO CEASE THE PRODUCTION OF P3 BY SLASHING AGENTS FEES AND INCREASING THE COST. PRIMAVERA IS OLD HAT, CLUNKY, DIFFICULT TO GET GOOD GRAPHICS FROM, IMPOSSIBLE TO EASILY INTERFACE WITH MOST OTHER SOFTWARE AND NOT DATABASE ADAPTABLE, DO I NEED TO GO ON ABOUT THIS OUTDATED PIECE OF HISTORY. IF YOU HAVE SPENT THE MONEY, THATS SAD, HAVE A GOOD 18 MONTHS OF YOUR INVESTMENT AND, I TRUST YOU DID NOT WRITE THE POSITION PAPER FOR PURCHASE, OR YOUR IT MAN WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU SOON.

ASTA has limited approach to only a few companies in a few parts of UK … limited users.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT ASTA IS THE SOFTWARE OF CHOICE FOR OVER HALDF THE CONTRACTORS IN THE UK

Therefore it is advisable to all who have any intention to buy or change planning software or do ASTA planning courses, never go with ASTA please …… always go with others software ……..Others have better future for you than ASTA throughout the world.

A SAD COMMENTARY ON A PIECE OF GOOD SOFTWARE!!!!!!

Bill, I aplogise that my comments are in capitals but it is an attempt to respond without the ability to change the font.

Your rationale seems flawed and your explanation as to why ASTA is the not the software for you lacks substance.

My experience of this forum is that if you have a problem, in all liklehood some one out their will have an answer for you.

Notwithstanding all of this, why have you posted here and not on the Power Project forum.???

Bill,
people choose the software that best fits to their requirements.
There is not such thing as the best software. Best fit is the key.
Selecting P3 just because other people use this software means that you plan to apply typical technique to typical projects. I am not sure that this approach is the best.
Regards,
Vladimir

Bill Joshaf
Naas

Thanks u acknowledged that it is only in UK not Worldwide. We know how does ASTA management behave for their existing users in UK?

Second thing I totally disagree with you that ASTA FORUMS are well advertised used by proficient planners. P3 planners are not proficient ??

Whereas factually P3 forums are more organized, informative and helpful than Asta.

Always use P3 .....
Richard Spedding
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
You’re talking about a different ASTA to the one I have experience of Bill!

I am not in any way connected to ASTA, but I must say that in general they respond quite quickly and positively.

Their user forums are well advertised and well attended by proficient planners.

Their product is miles better than Primavera’s, and only fails because it is too flexible and the idiot planners of today can get away with murder producing programmes which are in no way related to critical path networks. ASTA have gone a little too far in listening to their customers and giving them the flexibility they want.

The other problem is that their product is only known in UK and slightly in Europe, whereas Primavera is world wide.