Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3: Activity Codes & Activity IDs

3 replies [Last post]
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Could someone clarify? the significance between the usage of Activity Codes and Activity Ids in the Activity Codes Dictionary in Primavera Project Planner Schedule.

I understand that of defining activity IDs in the codes dictionary would be easy to reduce our work load to certain extent.

for Example defining these items in the activity codes dictionary,
SUBP - as SubProject
PC - as Price Centre or Cost Code

In the "Values" dialogue box, we can define
RP- Rail Project (as sub package)and
01 as cost code for design works etc....
02 as cost code for construction of foundation works etc

hence in the activity ID area we can start the ids with RP01... for relevant activities.

hence it would save our time of assigning activity codes for each activities(if it belongs to the same group for example), hence we can straightaway organise the activities
in the organisation area.

but i would like to explore other benefits than the one which i have mentioned above. so please mention other benefits if any on the above subject.

Replies

Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
I can add more comments, activity code and activity ID have usage differents in project, activity ID as its titled says to define numberic coding of activities it meanes you can identify activities from ID or description, almost all report of P3 is being done based on ID, therfore it is more usefull if you classify and identify activitie with coding of ID.
activity code is for classification your task based on WBS or OBS or CBS, it is very useful to categorize activities based on these factors.
regards
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I think system coding is a basic for total project management ( special Cost management). In the fact the codes created a relationship between main project management and subsystem of PM.

Regards

Soheil Jafari
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
for 1st reason, we can use these codes for Creation Summarization Project .