Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Current License file is not valid for this version

3 replies [Last post]
Ian Stewart
User offline. Last seen 14 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I have installed P6 and when I am running it I get this message after giving user name and password "Current License file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor" and when click OK, I get the message "Licensed name users is less than configured Named users......."

I have read about the fix concerning going to admin and clicking on user within the project management module. Unfortunately P6 closes before I have chance to use this fix.

Can some one please suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ian,

Perhaps your P6 License is only for single user.

Regards,

Arnold
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Ian

An additional remark: Is the date of your pc correct? If you don’t know, move the mouse onto the time in the lower right corner of your monitor.
Some time ago I found this issue. Date might be incorrect due to low battery --> double click onto the time --> correct the date --> start P6 again.

Good luck!
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Ian

Without valid license file: no chance.

Contact your Primavera Dealer to provide you with a new file.

Good luck

Dieter