Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

prince 2- the cheap way

5 replies [Last post]
John Smitt
User offline. Last seen 17 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Prince 2

I feel it would be a nice to have on my CV and want to do the practisioners exam. Are there any practice questions which you can buy anywhere before taking the exam.

Trancender do them for IT exams and I was wondering if any companies do them for Prince 2. I have the book but want to get used to taking the exam withing the time limit and get a feel for the type of questions they fire at you.

It seems much of the courses on offer are expensive and a waste of time. From past experiences a read of the book and run through questions usually works for me so shelling out £500 is a waste.

Replies

Alan Chadwick
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
John,

Get yourself down to "The Stationary Office" in kingsway, Holborn Tube, this is the place that sells all government publications. They have all of the OGC publications there and i am pretty sure they have exam prepartation as well.

PRINCE is useful as most companies have some sort of tailored prince methodologies.
Andrew Godfrey
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Why not go to www.apmgroup.co.uk - they provide the accreditation for Prince2

or http://www.ogc.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1000829 - the owners of Prince2

or http://www.usergroup.org.uk/ - this is the UK user group for best practice (Prince2, M_o_R etc...)

Hope this helps
Andrew
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
John,

The organisation I work for uses PRINCE2 and puts everyone through the requisite courses to gain the necessary qualifications. Before you can take the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, you have to take, and pass, the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.

The firm we use is SCC, and while I don’t know whether they will let you just take the exams, the link below will take you to their website so you can contact them and find out.

SCC UK Home Page

One thing to remember, when you do become PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified, you have to take a re-qualifying exam every three to five years to retain your certification.

Hope this helps.

Chris Oggham
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Having gone into the website I was wondering if anybody has worked under this system and what the feedback was?
Clive
pmkb .
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Perhaps these guys can help?

Crazy Colour PRINCE2 Resource

Stacy
Participate at the Project Management Knowledge Base!