Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

best online training methods?

2 replies [Last post]
Mike Bach
User offline. Last seen 20 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m trying to decide what sort of online training to provide for some software I’ve created. Here are the options I’m considering so far:

web tutorial
a series of How-to articles
live webcast seminars
searchable database of tips and FAQs

In general, which format do you prefer?

TIA for your input.

Mike

Replies

Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mike,

Can we assume it is planning related (or PM) software ? If so, any chance of some evaluation copies for the PP faithful ? the recipients can be selected by lucky draw - everyone who responds to this thread / question can be entered. The recipient then should publish a review.

People may give more feedback if there is a chance of reward (are there no altruists left ?).

Mark
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mike,

I suppose the answer will depend to a great degree on the software itself.

Does the training relate to just the operation of the software? Or is the software part of a larger system (or program) for achieving an end?

You might do well to offer as many of the choices as possible. Some people learn best with a lot of handholding and some can take off with experimentation and a published reference.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software