Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 XML Import Technical Issue

No replies
Ross Coulman
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have a P6 XML file generated from 3rd party software. The XML file imports into P6 v19 fine, which has an Oracle database.

Trying to import onto other instances of P6 fails e.g. V16.1, v22.1 even Oracle cloud.

I think there is an XML tag missing or maybe mandatory data missing. The thing in common seems to be when fail, uses SQL Server or SQLLite database.

The error is not helpful really. We have an Oracle P6 support account so we will try that but I was hoping someone here could help find an answer or diagnose. It is a very simple project that we are testing.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Thanks,

Ross

P6 Error Log :-

Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.     - The exception message was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    - The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=16.1.6.21203, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null    Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.    ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Primavera.Mercury.Importer.ImportCleaner.CleanupActivities(EntityContext sourceContext)   at Primavera.Mercury.Importer.ImportCleaner.CleanSourceContext(EntityContext sourceContext, IVenusDataServiceContext targetContext, ILoggerFacade logger, ImportProjectSettings importProjectSettings, Dictionary`2 initialKeyDictionary)   at Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule.ExecuteImportExport.DoImport()   at Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.Initialize(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---Failed to load type for module CommandLineModule. Error was: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.     - The exception message was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    - The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=16.1.6.21203, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null    Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.   .
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I took a quick look on Oracle support and all the articles seem to suggest it has been fixed in releases since V19. Interesting that you're still receiving the error. Might need a ticket raised with Oracle?

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Ross,

XML is a nightmare. I suggest if you have a version of P6 tht will import yopur XML file, do thast and export an XER.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Ross,

XML is a nightmare. I suggest if you have a version of P6 tht will import yopur XML file, do thast and export an XER.