Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Allocation % Histogram

1 reply [Last post]
Harry Angell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Is there a way of getting a Resource Usage Profile Histogram to show what % of a resource has been allocated?

My scenario is each PM can run 4 projects max, we have an LOE in each project with the PM allocated @ 25% so we want to be able to see if we have under/over-allocated the resource and by what percent. 

I have been fiddling with the Resource Usage Profile Options, mainly the Calculate average option as I thought it was through that I could get the graph to show as a representation of 1 being max and 0.75/0.5/0.25 to show an under allocation but for the life of me I can't get it to show.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

try this edit users perference

time units tab

third section down Units/Time Format

under Resource Units/Time can be shown as a percentage pr as units per duration

change this to the Show as percentage (50%)