Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import Relationships

1 reply [Last post]
sam dsoza
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to import realtionships from a P6 file 1 (correct relationships) in to a different P6 file 2 (incorrect relationships).

Doing it manually is possible but highly time consuming as I may have to touch 700+ activities.

Importing relationship data from correct P6 file in to incorrect one should be POSSIBLE but I have not set up the import file in a while so not sure whats the best route.

Any pointers in this direction will be appreciated. If there is a post which has already addressed this then please point me over as I could not find a topic addressing my needs

Thanks

Replies

sam dsoza
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the help, it worked for the most part.

While importing relationships, I am getting the following error "Failed to find a matching object for Activity Relationship"

Any idea on how to bypass this one. (FYI -  all activities are present in the schedule)

TIA

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

you would have to delete the incorrect relationships from project 2 first

thnen export the relationships from project 1 to excel when prompted what to export on choose relationships

after you export the relationships to excel on the file in excel and change the NAME of the first part of the WBS to match the

project id of project 2. THE FIRST PART OF ANY WBS IS ALWAYS THE PROJECT ID

save the fie in excel and import into project 2