Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Nonlabor resource units multiply on import from another datebase

1 reply [Last post]
Kevin Tregoning
User offline. Last seen 7 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

I've been a member for a long time now & found hints & tips very useful, here's my problem.

P6 Nonlabor resource units multiply on import from another datebase.

I used P6 and had to copy my project to a different computer. I have many resources & costs with in the project activities. however when ever I import a project into a "CLEAN" database, (I stress clean to stipulate that it's not already littered with other resource ID's) my NONLABOR resources, UNIT's only, multiply by a factor of 8.

Now as much a I love a riddle, I've had this issue before & found not answer, but as I am on an intrim computer (due to my other onr packing up & waiting a noe one), I do not want to have to re configure all my resources.

My only thought is the 8 hour working day in my calendar, but can find no setting to stop the import multiplyer. this doesn't happen when Export, Import from same database.

anybody any ideas???

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

if this is coming from p3 during the import in the last step of the import option select advancedin the import cost calculation make sure that where it says When P3  Planning Unit is day and units format is unspecified make sure that it says IMPORT UNITS AS HOURS.

to fix this in p6 just run a global change and divide the nonlabor units by 8