Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Created New install of Primavera and SQL yet cant connect to it remotely

6 replies [Last post]
david turtill
User offline. Last seen 7 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all, 

we have a currently running version of P6 R8 that is failing so I have attempted to create a new one. 

I have created a new server and installed SQL 2016 express and configured this. I have then installed P6 on the server, and it can connect to it via the SQL method however if i try the same configuration on another machine i am getting the Prompt "Bad public user name or password. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.;"

I have matched the TCP settings from the old setup to the new one and have refreshed the pub and priv users 

can anyone advise where I am going wrong, please. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 19 hours ago. Offline

go with pubuser pubuser

david turtill

The other machine does have primavera on . and is working to SQL as it is how I connect to the current Primavera setup 

starting the browser didn't work on its own but that and disabling the firewall did work will start trying to allow the port again 

this is now working for the new database, however, if I import a database I am getting the bad username or password message 

I have run Execsp_change_users_login 'Update_one','PUBUSER','PUBUSER'

Execsp_change_users_login 'Update_one','PRIVUSER','PRIVUSER'

however when originally set up it was done with the pub and priv users as pubuser1 privuser1

Pratap Dinahar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Try turning the firewall off and then connecting. 

Also check to see if you have the SQL Browser service running, that affects SQL connections sometimes. 

If that doesn't work, try entering it in the format 'IP address\instance name' for the host name instead of the computer name. 

Zoltan Palffy

the other machine must also have primavera. How are you connection to the machine that has sql on it ?

david turtill

Thanks Checking this shows port 1433 which is what it is set as yet it still isn't working 

sorry just to clarify it is working on the machine that has SQL installed and primavera but not when i try to connect from another machine 

Zoltan Palffy

the TCP setting will be specific for that machine

got to start then type regedit 

look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and expand it 

scroll down to Microsoft SQL Server then to PRIMAVERA THEN TO MSSQLS then to SuperSocketNetLib then to TCP

on the right look for the number under Data thats the TcpPort number you want to use.