Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual weightage for S-curve

1 reply [Last post]
kamesh avasarala
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

after i completed my plan i loaded weighatge based on that i created baseline s-curve, till here nice, when i want to start updation the actual weightage i.e actual resources value is changing every week , even i tried to take cuemlative weighatge also some times reducing and increasing iam not able to understand how actual % will update in s-curve based on P6 % complete.

kamesh

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

if an activity has 200 units and the activity is 50% complete then the actual this period units is 100 units earned and 100 units remaining. If thefre is not a curve and the activity is NOT complete then by default the 100 actual units will be spread linerarly from the actual start date to the data date and the remaining 100 units will be spread from the data date to the forecasted finish date.

If thefre is not a curve and the activity is 100% complete then by default the 120 actual units will be spread linerarly from the actual start date to the actual finish date. 

If there is a curve assigned to the rresource for that activity then the units will be distributed as per the curve.