Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem with importing update to the baseline.

2 replies [Last post]
ahmed samir
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hey there,

i face a problem while i'm importing update to the baseline, the progress percentage for all activities wasn't the same in site so i changed all Performance % Complete, Start date and Finish date for all activities, there were some activities in the site completed and in the Xer file is still have % or with Zero %...and some activties percentages got increased and some got decreased...

when i prepared the Excel sheet and import it to baseline to re-update everything from the begining, the baseline didn't change and everything still Zero.

anyone have a solution for this problem ??

Regards, 

Replies

Muhammad Bilal
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
All Members Good Day. I am facing one problem which is i made Rev-05 of my In-Progress Project in which i added one Activity given Relationships to some other activities. I made the Rev-05 by Restoring the Baseline. Now when i assigned this Latest Baseline to Updated Progressed Schedule, the added new Activity is not shown. Please let me help out. How can i Show effectively the added activity in the new baseline with Actual Progress Schedule.Thanks
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

make sure that your duraiton type is fixed duration & units/time

run a global change 

where performance % complete is not equal to 0

then

duration % complete equals performance % complete

and importing for progress MUST have start TIMES for activities with actual starts and must have start and fnish TIMES for activities with actual starts and finishes