Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Histo and Cost Curve

4 replies [Last post]
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi

I developed a program which needs to resourced and valued ,please advise how to get on to generate resource histogram and cost s curve, I assigned resource and resource values are in % figures  and i am clueless about it 

Please advise

Shahul

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Many thanks to all

Donald Harrold
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline

Shahul,

If you have not already done so you will have to assign resources (Labour and\or Materials) to each of the tasks on your schedule.  In addition you will need to assign rates ($/h or $/Quantity) to each of the resources if you want to create a cost loaded schedule.  I would recommend that you level the resources once the resources have been assigned by adjusting task durations and logic so that a manageable work program is produced.  At this point the schedule can be baselined.  By opening the Task Usage view you will be able to see all of the manhours, materials and costs time phased across the project.  I recommend that you copy and paste the values from the Task Usage view in to MS Excel where Histograms and S-Curves can easily be created.

ali deveboynu
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

mr. shahul 

you can do it with visual reports , please refer to 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/produce-a-visual-report-of-project-2007-data-in-excel-HA010235237.aspx

address  fror details,

best regards

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

I guess you have set Units/Time Format in the user settings to "Show as a percentage", as such resources are in percentage format.

Once you have loaded the resources, you can use the Resource Usage spread sheet and Profiles to view the Resource curves and histograms and if required run are report to get the values in excel format. Where u can manually create the curves and histograms.

Regards