Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EV Cost and Schedule Indicators

4 replies [Last post]
Rohit K
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi,

I have developed a schedule that is resource loaded with cost entered for the standard rates per hour for the respective resource. It is baseline,tracked and updated to date. In the calculation tab along with the task information for EV calculation % Complete is selected.

Now when I view the EV and EV Cost and Schedule Indicators (table - more tables), the BCWS and BCWP are indicating a value of 0, so are the various fields like SV, SV%,SPI,CV,CV%,CPI are also resulting in the value of 0.

Any suggestions to rectify this problem.

Rohit

Replies

Rocky Fox
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

And tell me how about the values of ACWP, EAC? If they are different from 0, the reason is that you entered std. rate after saving baseline. Please check it again.

Rohit K

yes, i have done them. my case is like

task  baseline start  baseline finish  actual start actual finish

pcc     10.06.11     15.06.11          15.03.11   25.03.11

like i have a new start date for my project as it was delayed and we had got new start dates, but some work ahad commenced earlier.so this might be the reason or what.

Rohit K

yes, i have done them. my case is like

task  baseline start  baseline finish  actual start actual finish

pcc     10.06.11     15.06.11          15.03.11   25.03.11

like i have a new start date for my project as it was delayed and we had got new start dates, but some work ahad commenced earlier.so this might be the reason or what.

Donald Harrold
User offline. Last seen 11 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Are you sure you've baselined the schedule and set the progress date prior to updating progress?